English as a Second Language/sentences

Question
1.Are all passengers on board yet? We’re due for take-off in ten minutes.

(1.)Would it be the same if I said, “Have all passengers boarded yet” and “We’re due to take off in ten minutes”?

The room is messy.

(2.)    Does the sentence have the same meaning as “The room is a mess” or “The room is in a mess”?

2.M: I had a word with Andy and he said he’d do it.
W: I am sick of it. I think we’ll have to get rid of him and find someone else. He can’t seem to keep anything clean. Let’s advertise for a new cleaner.

(1.)    What is another way to say “had a word with”?  “talk to “ or “spoke to/with”?

(2.)    What is another way to say “ sick of it” and “get rid of him”?  “I am tired of it” and “fire him”?

3.That would help make a better impression for visitors.

(1.) What is another way to say “help make a better impression for visitors”?

This is the final call for flight VL318 to Sydney.

(2.) What can be taken in place of “call”?  “Announcement”?

4.Friday will have the most rainfall during this week.

(1.) In the sentence, does it have the same meaning if I say “have the most rain” or “have the most precipitation”?
(2.)  Can I leave out “during” in the sentence?

5.We will move on to the print room, where you can how books are printed. After that, we’ll go through to shipping room, where all the books are boxed up and made ready for delivery.

(1.)    What is another way to say “go through to” and “boxed up”?  “move on to” and “put in boxes”?

We went mountain hiking. After a three-hour walk, we ended up at a pavilion.

(2.)Can I leave out “up” and just say “ended at a pavilion”?

Answer

(1.)Would it be the same if I said, “Have all passengers boarded yet” and “We’re due to take off in ten minutes”? Yes to the first. In the second "we're due FOR take off" is the correct expression

The room is messy.

(2.)   Does the sentence have the same meaning as “The room is a mess” yes
or “The room is in a mess”? this is not proper English.

(1.)   What is another way to say “had a word with”?  “talk to “ or “spoke to/with”? yes

(2.)   What is another way to say “ sick of it” and “get rid of him”?  “I am tired of it” and “fire him”?yes

That will strike a chord with our visitors

(2.) What can be taken in place of “call”?  “Announcement”? yes

(1.) In the sentence, does it have the same meaning if I say “have the most rain” or “have the most precipitation”? yes to both
(2.)  Can I leave out “during” in the sentence? yes

5.We will move on to the print room, where you can (see) how books are printed. After that, we’ll go through to shipping room, where all the books are boxed up and made ready for delivery.

(1.)   What is another way to say “go through to” and “boxed up”?  “move on to” and “put in boxes”?
Your sentence should read "go through the shipping room" a synonym for that would be "move through the shipping room"
Yes to "put in boxes"

(2.)Can I leave out “up” and just say “ended at a pavilion”? no, but you can say "we ended our walk/trip/hike at a pavilion"  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker