English as a Second Language/Word choice

Question
1.W: It seems we have to either cut costs or lose more staff.
M: Yes, I agree. If we continue as we are, the company will fail. That’s for sure.
W: So we have a lot of decisions ahead of us. Some very difficult ones, I am afraid.
M: Yes, but we have to take them and take them quickly. If we don’t, we will be lucky to survive another six months.

(1.)What does the man imply by saying “take them and take them quickly”?  Is it correct to say “take decisions”?

(2.)  What does the man imply by saying “If we don’t, we will be lucky to survive another six months”? Does he imply “the company is only likely to survive for six months if they don’t do anything”?

2. I think we should aim for $360. It’s a quality product and customers would expect to pay more for it.

Mr. Yang is in the middle of a lunch meeting right now. Would you like to leave a message?

(1.)   What can be taken in place of “aim for”? “Set our price for”?
(2.)    What is another way to say “in the middle of a lunch meeting”?

3.They can’t find the place they are looking for.
The whole system needs replacing.

(1.) Would it mean the same if the first sentence was “They are lost”or “They can’t find the way”?
(2.)Would it mean the same if the second sentence was “The whole system needs to be changed”?

4. James can’t make it to the meeting. Can’t we manage without him?
I can’ work immediately. I should be free to start here four weeks from next Monday.

(1.) What is another way to say “manage without him”?
(2.)  What is another way to say “four weeks from next Monday”?

5. Can you get me a regular coffee?

(1.)    Can I also say, “Can you buy me a regular coffee”?
(2.)    What is another way to say “a regular coffee”?

Answer

(1.)What does the man imply by saying “take them and take them quickly”?  he means that they need to take those difficult decisions fast
Is it correct to say “take decisions”? yes

(2.)  What does the man imply by saying “If we don’t, we will be lucky to survive another six months”? Does he imply “the company is only likely to survive for six months if they don’t do anything”? yes, 6 months or less

(1.)   What can be taken in place of “aim for”? “Set our price for”? yes, actually "set the/our price at"
(2.)   What is another way to say “in the middle of a lunch meeting”? "he is in a meeting right now"

The whole system needs replacing.

(1.) Would it mean the same if the first sentence was “They are lost”or “They can’t find the way”? Not necessarily. It depends on the context.
(2.)Would it mean the same if the second sentence was “The whole system needs to be changed”? yes

(1.) What is another way to say “manage without him”? "do this in his absence"
(2.)  What is another way to say “four weeks from next Monday”? On ____ such and such date, if you have a particular date in mind. There is no synonym for "four weeks from next Mon"

5. Can you get me a regular coffee?

(1.)   Can I also say, “Can you buy me a regular coffee”? yes, if this is about buying coffee, as you can ask your mom to get you a coffee from the kitchen so she won't be buying it
(2.)   What is another way to say “a regular coffee”? a coffee, a black coffee (this being a coffee with nothing added to it). It really depends on what you mean by "regular coffee"

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker