English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1. Most apprenticeships for automotive technician jobs are with car manufacturers. It is here that essential skills necessary to perform the job are learned.

(1.)    Why do technician jobs have to do with car manufacturers?  I think technicians work for repair shops, not manufacturers. I wonder if car manufacturers hire automotive technicians, too.

(2.)    Would it be the same if the second sentence was written as “ You can learn essential skills (necessary) to perform the job here”?

2. The separate gas and electricity accounts you have seen online simply relate to your sales order, and are there allow you to track the progress of your transfer, submit opening readings and so on. They should be removed within two weeks of our starting to supply your gas and electricity.

(1.)    What type of order is “sales order”?
(2.)    What type of reading is “opening reading”?

3. It is worth noting that policy details can change depending on where you buy the coverage.
Always check the small print before buying coverage.

(1.)    What is another way to say “it is worth noting”?  Is it possible to say “It is worth noticing”?
(2.)    What is another way to say “small print” and “coverage”?

4. As you may have read in last month’s GCZ Corp Newsletter, we are launching the Staff Forum Initiative. The group will run four times throughout the year and is intended to be an opportunity to address any issues that staff may have related to the company. It is designed to be by the staff for the staff.

(1.)    What does “the group” refer to?  “GCZ Corp” or “the Staff Forum”?
(2.)   What can be taken in place “run” in the second sentence?
(3.)    What is another way to say “by the staff for the staff”?

Answer

(1.)   Why do technician jobs have to do with car manufacturers?  I think technicians work for repair shops, not manufacturers. I wonder if car manufacturers hire automotive technicians, too.

I honestly have no experience with the automotive industry, but in my opinion in order to be a good technician you need to know how the car is made, so the apprenticeship with a car manufacturer sounds spot on.

(2.)   Would it be the same if the second sentence was written as “ You can learn essential skills (necessary) to perform the job here”? Yes.

2. The separate gas and electricity accounts you have seen online simply relate to your sales order, and are there TO allow you to track the progress of your transfer, submit opening readings and so on. They should be removed within two weeks of our starting to supply your gas and electricity.

(1.)   What type of order is “sales order”? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_order
(2.)   What type of reading is “opening reading”? I have no idea what those "open readings" may be... sorry.

(1.)   What is another way to say “it is worth noting”? "You should know"
(2.)   What is another way to say “small print” and “coverage”? fine print and insurance.

(1.)   What does “the group” refer to?  “GCZ Corp” or “the Staff Forum”? the Staff Forum Initiative.
(2.)   What can be taken in place “run” in the second sentence? meet/operate
(3.)   What is another way to say “by the staff for the staff”? none really  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker