English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.The store will be closing in 15 minutes. Will all shoppers please make their ways to the checkout counters?

(1.)    What is the difference if I replace “closing” with ‘closed”?  Do they mean the same?

(2.)    What is another way to say “make their ways to”? “Move to” or “go to”?

2.If you don’t have time to send the mail today, you have to do it the first thing tomorrow morning.

This is the office you’ll be using. If you have any questions, please let me know.  I’ll let you get settled.

(1.)    What is another way to say “the first thing tomorrow morning”?
(2.)    What is another way to say “I’ll let you get settled”?

3. If you are looking for a marriage partner, you should find someone who has something in common with you.

Jerry and Mandy don’t have many things in common, but they have a happy marriage.

(1.)    In the first sentence, is it possible to say “if you are looking for a spouse”?

(2.)    In the second, would it mean the same if I said, “Jerry and Many don’t have much in common”?

4. We will discover ways you can tap into your true potential.

The TV anchor is presenting the news covered by their business correspondent.

(1.)    What can be taken in place of “tap into”?

(2.)    In the second sentence, what can be taken in place of “presenting the news” and “covered”?

5. Drivers should use the turn signal to change lanes.
What have you got to lose?

(1.)    In the first sentence, may I say, “Drivers should use the turn signal to change to the fast or slow lane”?
(2.)    In the second, would it be the same if I said “You’ve got nothing to lose” or “you have nothing to lose”?

Answer

(1.)   What is the difference if I replace “closing” with ‘closed”?  Do they mean the same? Yes, but the correct tense here is "closing"

(2.)   What is another way to say “make their ways to”? “Move to” or “go to”? "proceed to" or "go to" if you must but it's less polite than the original

(1.)   What is another way to say “the first thing tomorrow morning”? none
(2.)   What is another way to say “I’ll let you get settled”? I'll let you adjust (but I'd stick to "get settled")

(1.)   In the first sentence, is it possible to say “if you are looking for a spouse”? yes

(2.)   In the second, would it mean the same if I said, “Jerry and Many don’t have much in common”? yes

(1.)   What can be taken in place of “tap into”? discover/use

(2.)   In the second sentence, what can be taken in place of “presenting the news” nothing I can think of
and “covered”? You could say "The TV anchor is presenting the news their business correspondent talked about" but it doesn't sound natural to me

What have you got to lose?

(1.)   In the first sentence, may I say, “Drivers should use the turn signal to change to the fast or slow lane”? yes but then you're talking about a more specific situation; on surface streets there are no fast or slow lanes.
(2.)   In the second, would it be the same if I said “You’ve got nothing to lose” or “you have nothing to lose”? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker