English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.The language school offers a diverse range of courses.
Many universities encourage students from diverse backgrounds to work and live together.

(1.)    What is another way to say “a diverse range of courses”? “A wide range of courses”?
(2.)    What is the difference if I replace “from” with “with” in the second?

2 The cell phone has many new features. It can function as a camera, calculator and an Internet server.
If your immune system cannot function properly, your body will become vulnerable to disease.

(1.)   In the first sentence, may I say also, “The cell phone has many functions, including photo taking, calculations and internet access.”?
(2.)   In the second, may I say also, “If your immune system fails to function…”?

3. Where do you have your car serviced?
The elevator is out of service due to regular maintenance.

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if “serviced” is replaced with “maintained”?
(2.)    What can be taken in place of ‘out of service”? “Unavailable ”?

4. A good cover letter and resume can help job seekers obtain an interview.
The university is welcomed by students for providing them with a high quality learning environment and experience.

(1.)   Does it mean the same if “obtain” is replaced with “acquire”?
(2.)    In the second, may I change “for” to “by”?

5.To make profits in the stock market, investors have to learn to make accurate judgments and decisions.
You have to keep learning and practicing to fulfill your potential.

(1.)    In the first sentence, may I say also, “make accurate judgments and timely decisions”?
(2.)    What can be taken in place of “fulfill” in the second? “Achieve” or “reach”?

Answer

(1.)   What is another way to say “a diverse range of courses”? “A wide range of courses”? yes
(2.)   What is the difference if I replace “from” with “with” in the second? none

(1.)   In the first sentence, may I say also, “The cell phone has many functions, including photo taking, calculations and internet access.”? yes but it would sound odd
(2.)   In the second, may I say also, “If your immune system fails to function…”? not really. There is a difference between a failing immune system and one that doesn't work right.

3. Where do you have your car serviced?

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if “serviced” is replaced with “maintained”? No. Maintenance and repairs are not one the same things, but can be done in the same car shop.
(2.)   What can be taken in place of ‘out of service”? “Unavailable ”? "out of service" is the typical phrase used for situations like these

(1.)   Does it mean the same if “obtain” is replaced with “acquire”? yes
(2.)   In the second, may I change “for” to “by”? I'll be honest I am not sure what you're trying to say in that sentence... I'm not sure how a university can be welcomed by students ... get back to me on this.

(1.)   In the first sentence, may I say also, “make accurate judgments and timely decisions”? yes
(2.)   What can be taken in place of “fulfill” in the second? “Achieve” or “reach”? reach, or achieve both work  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker