English as a Second Language/Advertising. Thanks for your great help Amy

Question
The purpose of advertising is to inform people about any new products or services and any promotion on the existing services and products.  Advertising is necessary in order we can make wise and good decisions when are going shopping.  It advises us which company can provide us with good services or products at a competitive price. However, there are lots of harms from too much advertising.
With the help of advertisement we are able to get to know about new commodities on the market. For example, every day on TV, radio or in other mass media resources one can see lots of advertisements about extortionately expensive jewellery. You are encouraged by these advertisements to get these things in order to be successful and happy. Many people start going on a spending spree due to these advertisement although they do not need these thing at all.  Thatís why, in my opinion, much advertising in some way has a pernicious influence on people character and physiological health.
On the other hand, advertisement is quite important for our day lives. It keeps us informed about new things. For instance, advertising of new detergents help us to keep our clothes perfectly clean.
I believe that in some way advertising make our life easier and less stressful but sometimes advertising may be very disastrous especially for people who are not able to control their shopping whets.

Answer
The purpose of advertising is to inform people about new products or services as well as promotions on existing services and products.  Advertising is necessary so we can make wise decisions when going shopping.  It advises us about which company can provide us with good services or products at competitive prices. However, there are lots of harms from too much advertising.

With the help of advertisement we are able to learn about new commodities on the market. For example, one can see or hear lots of advertisements about expensive jewelry on TV, radio as well as in other mass media sources on an almost daily basis. Some people get encouraged to buy these things for themselves in order to try to feel more successful and happy. Many people go on a spending sprees due to these advertisements  despite the fact that they do not really need these things at all.  Thatís why, in my opinion, too much advertising can, in some way have a pernicious influence on people's character and physiological health.

On the other hand, advertisements are quite important for our day lives. They keeps us informed about new things. For instance, the advertising of new detergents may help us to keep our clothes perfectly clean.

I believe that in some way advertising makes our life easier and less stressful but at the same time we have to be careful as sometimes advertising may have disastrous consequences, especially for people who are not able to control their shopping addiction.

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker