English as a Second Language/Essay. Advertisement. Thanks

Question
Write about the following topic:
Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things that we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives.

Which viewpoint do you agree with?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Write at least 250 words.

The aim of any advertisement is to inform consumers about new merchandise or services. It is believed that advertisement is the driver for business so it is very fruitful for any companies to use it to make people to buy their products. On the other hand, it helps people to make decisions which products they would like to have. Advertisement keeps us inform not only about new merchandise on the market but also about competitive prices.
No doubt that through advertising we get to know about new advances in any fields. For example, lots of  shops are selling nowadays ovulation tests and lots of women get to know about such feat of humanity with the help of advertisement. Moreover, each company through advertisement try to persuade buyers that their products is much more reliable and competitive. In other words, by seeing advertisement on TV or hearing it on the radio it is quite easy and convenient to be informed about new improvements to all kinds of products.  Consequently, advertisement make our lives easier as it helps us to choose amount the abundance of goods.
One of the greatest benefit about advertisement is that it also informs us about sales. According to the research many people are more likely to buy something even if they do not need it if they will be offered a great discount. Many companies use it and make people use their commodities.
In my view, advertisements improve our lives by keeping us informed about the latest products, developments and the best prices , however, sometimes too many advertisement make people to go on a spending spree.

Answer
In my opinion, the goal of advertisement is to inform consumers about new merchandise or services. Some believe that adverting is the driver for business so it is very important for companies to advertise for themselves in order to make people buy their products. Also, advertising helps people decide which products they would like to have.  Advertisements keep us informed not only about new merchandise on the market but also about competitive prices.

There is no doubt for me, that we get to know about new advances in many fields through advertising. For example, nowadays lots of shops are selling ovulation tests and lots of women get to know about such feat of humanity with the help of advertisement. (the sentence makes no sense?!? what's the connection between ovulation tests and humanity? Also when you write a formal essay you shouldn't use abbreviations such as "feat"). Moreover, companies try to persuade buyers that their products are much more reliable and competitive through advertisement. In other words, by seeing an advertisement on TV or by hearing it on the radio it is quite easy and convenient for the consumers to be informed about new improvements in all kinds of products. Consequently, advertisements make our lives easier as they help us to choose amount the abundance of goods. (again .. not sure what you're trying to say here Nadya)

One of the greatest benefits of advertisements is that they informs us about sales. According to the research, many people are more likely to buy something even if they do not need it if they will be offered a great discount. Many companies use this and make people use their commodities.(????)

In my opinion, advertisements improve our lives by keeping us informed about the latest products, developments and the best prices. However, sometimes too many advertisement make people to go on a spending spree.

Sorry Nadya but I had a pretty hard time following this. Your essay keeps jumping from one idea to the next and it lacks cohesion.  

Also, your task was to give reasons for your answer and include relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience and you just didn't do that.

These are some sample answers for this particular prompt:

http://www.ielts-mentor.com/writing-sample/writing-task-2/284-ielts-writing-task

http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-say-advertising-encourages-us-bu

http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/task-2-advertising.html

I hope this helps. I would read the samples above and then give this topic another try.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker