English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1. In many Asian countries, students are under great pressure from school and life because they are taught to conform to what others expect of them.

(1.) In the sentence, may I say also, “..conform to others’ expectations”?

The truck driver drove off after he knocked down and ran over the man, assuming he could get away with it.

(2.)   In sentence, may I say also, “Assuming he could get away with it, the truck driver drove off…”?

2. People experiment on guinea pigs because they both share 90 percent of the same genes.

(1.)   What is the difference if I replace “on” with “with”?

The Wright brothers conducted countless experiments with different types of wings until they finally invented the first airplane.

(2.)   In the sentence, can I replace “with” with “ on” and “until” with “before”?

3. You should research the company before you go to a job interview.

(1.)   Does it mean the same if I say “ you should do research on the company before your job interview”?

You can do research online to learn a word’s pronunciation and definition.

(2.)   In the sentence, may I say, “you can research a word online to learn its pronunciation and definition”?

4. If Mr. Wang is absent from teaching, another teacher will take over his work.

(1.)   In the sentence, may I say also, “another teacher will be responsible for his work”?

The problem is too complicated to solve.

(2.)   What is the difference if I replace “complicated” with “complex”?

5. Do not mention your expected salary at a job interview unless the employer brings up the topic.

(1.)   In the sentence, may I say, “you should avoid talking about your expected salary…”?

I suspect that Steve was lying, but I have no proof.

(2.)   What is the difference if I replace “proof” with “evidence”?

Answer

(1.) In the sentence, may I say also, “..conform to others’ expectations”? yes

(2.)   In sentence, may I say also, “Assuming he could get away with it, the truck driver drove off…”? yes

(1.)   What is the difference if I replace “on” with “with”? The guinea pig is the object of the experiment so we say "experiment on" it. You'd be saying experiment with if you'd have an inanimate thing in mind. For ex: I've experimented with new recipes and healthier foods.

(2.)   In the sentence, can I replace “with” with “ on” No, see above
and “until” with “before”? yes

(1.)   Does it mean the same if I say “ you should do research on the company before your job interview”? yes

(2.)   In the sentence, may I say, “you can research a word online to learn its pronunciation and definition”? yes

(1.)   In the sentence, may I say also, “another teacher will be responsible for his work”? Yes.

(2.)   What is the difference if I replace “complicated” with “complex”? none

(1.)   In the sentence, may I say, “you should avoid talking about your expected salary…”? yes

(2.)   What is the difference if I replace “proof” with “evidence”? no difference in this case  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker