English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1. The customer called to say the intruder alarm has gone off and won’t stop. He thinks it’s a false alarm.

(1.)  What is another way to say “intruder alarm” and “has gone off” ? “Burglar alarm” and “has started sounding/ making noise”?

(2.) What is another way to say “ false alarm” ?  

2.A: Do you have this available in your store?
B: No, we are currently out of stock.

(1.)    In regard with B’s response, does it mean the same if I say “We are not currently in stock” or “This item is currently out of stock”?

XYZ is a security company.
(2.)    Does “security company” refer to “alarm company” or “financial service company”?

3. We will be going to an elementary school to install a new bathroom.

(1.)  What can be taken in place of “install” in the sentence?  “build” or “repair”?

The is great publicity for our company. A reporter from the Newton Times will be coming along in the afternoon to report on progress.

(2.) What can be taken in place of “publicity” in the sentence?
“It is great advertising” or “it is a great promotion”?

4. You may be asked to present your ID when buying alcohol if you look under age.
The principal presented awards to the students on stage.

(1.)   Does “present” in the first sentence have the same meaning as “presented” in the second?

I won’t be able to have dinner with you because something has come up at work. My boss has just resigned and I need to cover his job for a few weeks.

(2.) What can be taken in place of “has come up” and “cover his job”?
“Has just happened” or “has popped up”?
“take over his job” or “cover for him”?

5.He designs and delivers a large number of corporate training programs for top international companies.

What can be taken in place of “delivers”?

Answer

(1.)  What is another way to say “intruder alarm” and “has gone off” ? “Burglar alarm” and “has started sounding/ making noise”? You could say that but it wouldn't sound natural. I'd stick to the original version.

(2.) What is another way to say “ false alarm” ?  "nothing to worry about" but again, "false alarm" is the expression a native speaker would use.

B: No, we are currently out of stock.

(1.)   In regard with B’s response, does it mean the same if I say “We are not currently in stock”  - this would be incorrect or “This item is currently not in stock”? this is OK

XYZ is a security company.
(2.)   Does “security company” refer to “alarm company” or “financial service company”?Probably "alarm company"

(1.)  What can be taken in place of “install” in the sentence?  “build” or “repair”? None of these. You can't change "install" with anything here.

“It is great advertising” or “it is a great promotion”? "advertising"

(1.)   Does “present” in the first sentence have the same meaning as “presented” in the second? yes

“Has just happened”
“take over his job” or “cover for him”

What can be taken in place of “delivers”? presents is the only alternative I can think of and it's probably not the best option for this situation  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker