English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1. I will pass this message to her once she’s free.

(1.)    What is another way to say “pass this message to her”? “Send/give this message to her”?

Some movie stars put in hair extensions to create more hairstyles.

(2.)    In the sentence, may I replace “put in” with “have”?

2. I will wait to hear from you and then we can make a decision.

(1.) What is another way to say “I will wait to hear from you”? “I will wait for your call/ reply”?

In the case of lost order books the officer should wait for 30 days from the date of reporting before he/she could make a requisition.

(2.)   What is meant by the “a lost order book”?

3. How about the French place on the corner near the bus station? They’re pretty quick and the food’s very tasty.

(1.)    May I also say “They’re pretty fast and the food’s very delicious” ?  Does it mean the same?

Are all passengers on board yet? We’re due for take-off in ten minutes.

(2.)Would it be the same if I said, “Are all passengers abroad yet” and “We’re due/expected to take off in ten minutes”?

4.   We have record high temperatures this summer.

(1.)    In the sentence, may I say also, “We have a record hot summer this year”?

Sometimes, a little something you do can brighten your day, such as doing someone a favor or listening to good music.

(2.)    In the sentence, may I say “brighten up your day”?

5.I’ll go to a garden center on Saturday and busy some plants for the coffee table and the desk. That would help make a better impression for visitors.

(1.)Should I say “make a better impression on visitors”?  What is the difference?

How are we going to get all these filing cabinets, tables and chairs over to the new building?

(2.)    In the sentence, can I leave out “over”? What is the difference?

Answer

(1.)   What is another way to say “pass this message to her”? “Send/give this message to her”? I'll give her this message is OK.

(2.)   In the sentence, may I replace “put in” with “have”? Not really. The extensions are added, not something that the stars naturally possess.

(1.) What is another way to say “I will wait to hear from you”? “I will wait for your call/ reply”? Yes, but I'd stick to the original.

(2.)   What is meant by the “a lost order book”? no idea,I never heard the expression before.

(1.)   May I also say “They’re pretty fast and the food’s very delicious” ?  Does it mean the same? Yes

(2.)Would it be the same if I said, “Are all passengers abroad yet” and “We’re due/expected to take off in ten minutes”? you mean "aboard" not "abroad" but yes, that's fine.

(1.)   In the sentence, may I say also, “We have a record hot summer this year”? yes

(2.)   In the sentence, may I say “brighten up your day”? yes
I'd rephrase it to read: "Sometimes it's the little things you do that can brighten (up) your day...."

(1.)Should I say “make a better impression on visitors”?  What is the difference? "on" is correct, "for" doesn't work here

(2.)   In the sentence, can I leave out “over”? What is the difference? Yes you can, it won't make any difference.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker