English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.Showers very likely overnight and certainly into Friday.

(1.)   In the sentence, does it mean the same if I say “ Showers are very likely overnight and  will certainly continue into Friday”?

We look forward to the opportunity to design and deliver a market research program suitable for your needs.

(2.)    What can be taken in place of “look forward to”?

2. We’ll end in the museum, where we have an interesting exhibit about our company, from the origins to the present day.

What can be taken in place of “exhibit” and “the origins” in the sentence?
“display” and “the beginning” or "Day one" ?

3. It’s vital to keep up with the latest business trends.

(1.)In the sentence, may I replace “the latest” with “up-to-the-minute”? Do they mean the same?

As is our normal custom at Waterford Hotel, we want to fill the position by promoting from within.

(2.) What is another way to say “promoting from within”?  “Promoting someone within the organization”?

4.John failed to get the job because the position he applied for was filled.

(1.)    What can be taken in place of “filled” in the sentence? “Taken”?

This was the best room we could get at such short notice.

(2.) In the sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “at” with “on”?

5.The news has come as a great shock to the town, which has been home to Brinks (the company) for over fifty years.

(1.) What is another way to say “ which has been home to Brinks for over fifty years”?

Remember the first time you tried Sushi Express? Grabbing your food from the revolving conveyor belt was half the amusement, if not most, given the unforgettable food.

(2.)   In the sentence, may I replace “conveyor belt” with “carousel”?

Answer

(1.)   In the sentence, does it mean the same if I say “ Showers are very likely overnight and  will certainly continue into Friday”? yes

(2.)   What can be taken in place of “look forward to”? nothing really, this is a standard expression, very commonly used by native speakers

“display” and “the beginning” or "Day one" ? yes to any of these

(1.)In the sentence, may I replace “the latest” with “up-to-the-minute”? Do they mean the same? the two have the same meaning, yes; latest is more common though

(2.) What is another way to say “promoting from within”?  “Promoting someone within the organization”? yes

(1.)   What can be taken in place of “filled” in the sentence? “Taken”? yes

(2.) In the sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “at” with “on”? yes

(1.) What is another way to say “ which has been home to Brinks for over fifty years”? "where Brinks operated"

(2.)   In the sentence, may I replace “conveyor belt” with “carousel”? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker