English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1. In the afternoon, enjoy a boat cruise on Lake Windermere.

(1.)   What can be taken in place of “cruise”?  “Journey”?

The purpose of this itinerary is to publicize a short our.

(2.)   What can be taken place of “publicize” in the sentence?  “Advertise” or “promote”?

2. An invoice will be issued shortly.

(1.) What can be taken in place of “issued”?

If you have not yet been assigned the necessary access rights, your account manager will be happy to arrange this for you.

(2. ) What can be taken in place of “assigned”?  “Allocated” , “given” or “granted”?

3. It has come to our attention that your account has exceeded its credit limit.

(1.)   What is another way to say “has exceeded its credit limit”?  “Has been overdrawn”?

I won’t be able to conduct your annual performance review at 10:30 because I have a doctor’s appointment at the same time.

(2.)    What can be taken in place of “conduct”?

4. There is no obligation whatsoever. No hard-selling.

(1.)   What can be taken in place of “whatsoever” in the sentence? “In any case”?

We promise to design a perfect layout for your kitchen.

(2.) What can be taken in place of “layout” in the sentence?

5.Limited space at our previous premises meant this was not possible. Now we have moved into our Wigston Road site we are in a position to take this forward.

(1.) What is another way to say “we are in a position to take this forward” in the context?

It is important that the Finance Department is kept fully aware of all committed expenditure for accurate Profit and Loss accounts to be produced.

(2.) What can be taken in place of “committed” in the sentence?

Answer

(1.)   What can be taken in place of “cruise”?  “Journey”? Actually cruise is the best word here.

(2.)   What can be taken place of “publicize” in the sentence?  “Advertise” or “promote”? either one is OK. The sentence is though incorrect/incomplete.

2. An invoice will be issued shortly.

(1.) What can be taken in place of “issued”? emitted, given out/off

(2. ) What can be taken in place of “assigned”?  “given” or “granted”

(1.)   What is another way to say “has exceeded its credit limit”?  “Has been overdrawn”? yes

(2.)   What can be taken in place of “conduct”? run, oversee

(1.)   What can be taken in place of “whatsoever” in the sentence? “In any case”? yes.

(2.) What can be taken in place of “layout” in the sentence? blueprint

(1.) What is another way to say “we are in a position to take this forward” in the context? we are now able to move on

(2.) What can be taken in place of “committed” in the sentence? dedicated  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker