English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.   
Monthly statements are provided on demand.
Passengers must show their tickets on demand.

(1.) Does it mean the same if I replace “on demand” with “by request” in each of the sentences?

Much improvement has been made to meet the customer demand for the product.

(2.)   Is it possible to say “to meet customer demand” or “to meet customers’ demand”?

2.   The school offers a wide range of courses to meet the demand of different students.

(1.)Should I use the plural form “demands”?

The housing prices continue to drop because there is more supply than demand.

(2.)    May I also say “…because the supply is greater than the demand”?

3.    During World War II, Japan expanded its territory to many other Asian countries by means of wars.

(1.) In the sentence, may I replace “to” to “into”?  What is the difference?

The company has expanded its business to 25 cities since 2010.

(2.)Should I leave out “its business” in the sentence?

4.Practice and encouragement provide a stimulus for language learning.

(1.)In the sentence, may I say also, “Practice and encouragement stimulate language learning”?

(Follow-up question) Most public places in the city have free access to make it convenient for the disableD to access  their services. (free access to what?)

(2.) Would it be correct if said “Most public places in the city have barrier free facilities to makes it convenient for the disabled to use their services”or “Most public places in the city have free access to the disabled to make their lives more convenient”?

5.I envy Peter for owning a mansion and I wish I could have one.

(1.)    May I leave out “for” in the sentence?

I tend to forget the time when I am too involved in my work.

(2.)    Does it mean the same if I say “I tend to lose the track of time when…”?

Answer
1.   

(1.) Does it mean the same if I replace “on demand” with “by request” in each of the sentences? Yes

(2.)   Is it possible to say “to meet customer demand” yes
or “to meet customers’ demand”? yes

(1.)Should I use the plural form “demands”? yes

(2.)   May I also say “…because the supply is greater than the demand”? yes

3.   During World War II, Japan expanded its territory to many other Asian countries by means of wars.

(1.) In the sentence, may I replace “to” to “into”?  Yes.

What is the difference? "into" implies motion from outside to inside

(2.)Should I leave out “its business” in the sentence? you could, the sentence won't change its meaning.

(1.)In the sentence, may I say also, “Practice and encouragement stimulate language learning”? yes

I get what you mean here... Here's how I'd word it:

Most public places in the city provide accommodations(ramps, elevators, etc) to make it convenient for the disabled to access  their services.

(1.)   May I leave out “for” in the sentence? no

(2.)   Does it mean the same if I say “I tend to lose the track of time when…”? yes, it sounds better.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker