English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.Everyone wants to be successful in his or her own field, but not many can reach this goal. How can a person achieve success? I have some ideas on how to approach it and would like to share them with you.

(1.) In the context, may I say also, “Everyone wants to be successful in his or her own field, but not all of us can reach this goal. How can we achieve success? ”

Or may I use the third person plural form? “People want to be successful in their own fields, but not many of them can reach this goal. How can someone achieve success?”  

(2.)In the second sentence, should I leave out “them” and say “…would like to share with you”?

2.First of all, dependability is a key quality to success. If a person is not dependable, then others may not trust them to achieve what they set out to accomplish, regardless of their intelligence and talent.

(1.)In the second sentence, should I change “a person” to “people”, so the subject is consistent with “them” and “their”?

(2.)In the second sentence, may I leave out “out” and say “…trust them to achieve what they set to accomplish, no matter how intelligent and talented they are.”?

3.Second, good social skills are also important for achieving success. People need the help of others and no one can succeed by working alone.

(1.)   In the first sentence, may I change “for” to “in”?
(2.)   In the second sentence, does it mean the same if I just say, “no one can succeed alone”?

4.Good relationships benefit people and lead them to success. This implies good communication skills.  Successful people are not only good speakers but also good listeners. Those who are self-opinionated won’t find their ways to success too easily.

(1.)In the first sentence, may I say “Good relationships benefit people by leading them to success”?

(2.)In the last sentence, what is another way to say “self-opinionated”?

5.Lastly, Successful people are passionate. They are keen to pursue anything that interests them no matter how difficult things appear to be.

(1.)In the second sentence, what is another way to say “keen to pursue anything that interests them”?
(2.)   In the second sentence, since “anything” is used, should I change “things” to “the situation/task”to  keep them consistent?

Answer

(1.) In the context, may I say also, “Everyone wants to be successful in his or her own field, but not all of us can reach this goal. How can we achieve success? ” Yes

Or may I use the third person plural form? “People want to be successful in their own fields, but not many of them can reach this goal. How can someone achieve success?”   absolutely

(2.)In the second sentence, should I leave out “them” and say “…would like to share with you”? no, that would sound incomplete, but you can say: "I have some ideas on how to apprach it that I would like to share."

(1.)In the second sentence, should I change “a person” to “people”, so the subject is consistent with “them” and “their”? You could say "if people are not dependable.." but you don't really have to

(2.)In the second sentence, may I leave out “out” and say “…trust them to achieve what they set to accomplish, no matter how intelligent and talented they are.”? yes

(1.)   In the first sentence, may I change “for” to “in”? yes
(2.)   In the second sentence, does it mean the same if I just say, “no one can succeed alone”? yes

(1.)In the first sentence, may I say “Good relationships benefit people by leading them to success”? yes

(2.)In the last sentence, what is another way to say “self-opinionated”? you could say stubborn, or obstinate, but they're too harsh words. I's stick to "self opinionated"

(1.)In the second sentence, what is another way to say “keen to pursue anything that interests them”? "enthusiastic in pursuing their interests"
(2.)   In the second sentence, since “anything” is used, should I change “things” to “the situation/task”to  keep them consistent? yes

I may be wrong, but I've seen this text before. Did you ask me about these in the past? Not that it really matters...

~Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker