English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.If you are interested, drop me a note by e-mail.

(1.)   Does it mean the same if I say, “send me a note/message by e-mail”?

Could you please check the status of my application?

(2.)What is another way to say the sentence?
“Can you update me on the status…” or “can you inform me about the status…”?

2.Priority Delivery delivers goods to most national locations overnight.
(1.)   Does “overnight” in the sentence imply “within a day”?

Up to two-thirds of all meetings are poorly managed and achieve nothing. Meetings have an agenda are more likely succeed.

(2.)   What can be taken in place of “poorly managed” and “an agenda”?
“Poorly conducted” and “a subject”?

3.John is well-liked by his peers because he is agreeable.

(1.) What can be taken in place of “well-liked by” and “agreeable”?
“loved by”?  “Friendly” or “pleasant to be around”?

I’d like all sales managers to please tell their staff to reduce their expense significantly.

(2. ) What can be taken in place of “significantly”? “Greatly” or “dramatically”?

4.Don’t feel like you have to give me anything (I know many of you have already contributed to the company’s official charity, UNICEF), but whatever you do give will go to a good cause.

(1.)In the sentence, what is another way to say “whatever you give will go to a good cause”?

(2.)What does “do”mean in the second half of the sentence?

5.I am very pleased with the final translation done by Ivan, but this time it took over one week more than expected. This caused problems with the company in Moscow I was sending the contract to. I almost lost the order.

(1.)In the second sentence, should I say, “This caused problems with me sending the contract to the company in Moscow”?

He is inaccessible to his employees.

(2.) What is another way to say the sentence?
“His employees disagree with him ” or “He can't get along with his employees"?

Answer

(1.)   Does it mean the same if I say, “send me a note/message by e-mail”? Yes, or simply "email me" or "send me an email"

“Can you update me on the status…” or “can you inform me about the status…”? yes, but I'd stick to the original

(1.)   Does “overnight” in the sentence imply “within a day”? yes, within 24 hours

Up to two-thirds of all meetings are poorly managed and achieve nothing. Meetings THAT have an agenda are more likely succeed.

“Poorly conducted” and “a subject”? Yes to poorly conducted, but "agenda" shouldn't be substituted.

“loved by”?  “Friendly” or “pleasant to be around”? yes to both

(2. ) What can be taken in place of “significantly”? “Greatly” or “dramatically”? yes, or "substantially" would actually be a "better" synonym here.

(1.)In the sentence, what is another way to say “whatever you give will go to a good cause”? "your donation will go to a good cause" "your donation will make a difference"

(2.)What does “do” mean in the second half of the sentence? it's simply an emphasis on the "giving", it can be left out of the sentence.

(1.)In the second sentence, should I say, “This caused problems with me sending the contract to the company in Moscow”? Depends on what you're trying to say. If you had some kind of problems with the company in Moscow, the first version is fine; if you had problems sending the contract then the second sentence is OK, even though it doesn't sound very natural" - feel free to follow up on this as I'm not sure what your intended meaning was.

He is inaccessible to his employees.

His employees have a hard time communicating with/approaching him.

“His employees disagree with him ” or “He can't get along with his employees"? ... yes and no... see above.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker