English as a Second Language/Help

Question
Hello mam

Mam can you explain the meaning of the poem below

The Last Bargain
         By Rabindranath Tagore
A bargain is an agreement in which both parties promise to do
something for each other. Someone is looking for work, waiting
to be hired. He strikes a bargain but thinks it worthless. He
tries twice again but doesn't like either. Finally, in the last
bargain, when he is hired for nothing whatever, he is happy as
never before. What is the bargain, and why is it the best?

“Come and hire me,” I cried, while in the morning
I was walking on the stone-paved road.
Sword in hand the King came in his chariot.
He held my hand and said, “I will hire you with
my power,”
But his power counted for naught, and he went away in
his chariot.
In the heat of the mid-day the houses stood with
shut doors.
I wandered along the crooked lane.
An old man came out with his bag of gold.
He pondered and said, “I will hire you with my money.”
He weighed his coins one by one, but I turned away.
It was evening. The garden hedge was all aflower.
The fair maid came out and said, “I will hire you with
a smile.”
Her smile paled and melted into tears, and she went
back alone into the dark.
The sun glistened on the sand, and the sea waves broke
waywardly.
A child sat playing with shells.
He raised his head and seemed to know me and said,
“I hire you with nothing.”
From henceforward that bargain struck in child’s play
made me a free man.

Mam can you expplain the above poem. Please .pLEASE MAM CAN YOU EXPLAIN LINE WISE. plEASE MAM. mAM THIS IS NOT AN HOME WORK
mMA I KNOW IT IS OUT FROM YOUR EXPERTISE But if you think about it is is indirectly related to your expertise.

Thankyou

Answer
Hello, Apsara,

You will find a fine analysis of this poem at

https://beamingnotes.com/2014/09/22/summary-last-bargain-rabindranath-tagore/.  

First the page give a little biography of the poet, and then it continues explaining the meaning.

I hope this helps.

Prof. Evona York  

English as a Second Language

Prof. Evona York, UABC