English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.M: I am going to Thailand for a vacation next week.  Any suggestions?
 W: Don’t spend too much on accommodations.

(1.) In the conversation, what is another way to say “Don’t spend too much on accommodations”?

M: Where do you recommend I stay in New York?
W: The Grand Hotel is a good value.

(2.) In the conversation, may I just say, “Which hotel in New York do you recommend? ”?

2.
M: ______________________?
W:  I think Brad started it.

(1.)    What could be a question to the response?  “Who started the fight/ this proposal”?

M: _________________________?
W: I don’t know who replaced it.

(2.) What could be a question/statement to the response?  “Who replaced the desk in my office? ”or  “Someone changed one of my car tires.”

3.
M: You are new here, aren’t you?
W: A little, yes.

I wonder why this conversation doesn’t make sense.  Does it make sense if I change the question to “You are new to this game, aren’t you?” What is the difference?

4.
M:__________________________?
W: No, it worked fine.

(1.)What could be a question to the response?  “Did the copy machine break down”or “Did you have a problem with the copy machine”?

M: How do you suggest I get to the airport?
W: A taxi is very fast.

(2.) In the conversation, may I say “Is there a quick way to get to the airport”?

5.
M: The restaurant just called and said they found your wallet.
W: I feel very relieved.

(1.) In the conversation, does it mean the same if I say, “What a relief!”?

M: Can I get a refund if I drop out of school here?
W: Yes, You can get your money back.

(2.)In the conversation, may I just say “if I drop out here” or “if I quit here”?

Answer

Don't spend too much on lodging/housing.

W: The Grand Hotel is a good value.

(2.) In the conversation, may I just say, “Which hotel in New York do you recommend? ”? yes

2.
M: ______________________?
W:  I think Brad started it.

(1.)    What could be a question to the response?  “Who started the fight/ this proposal”? either one

M: _________________________?
W: I don’t know who replaced it.

(2.) What could be a question/statement to the response?  “Who replaced the desk in my office? ” yes
or  “Someone changed one of my car tires.” well... this is not a question

3.
M: You are new here, aren’t you?
W: A little, yes.

I wonder why this conversation doesn’t make sense.  Because that's probably not the best answer to the question. More appropriate ways to answer that would be: Yes. No. or Relatively.

Does it make sense if I change the question to “You are new to this game, aren’t you?” Again, "a little" isn't the best way to answer that.
What is the difference? No difference.

4.
M:__________________________?
W: No, it worked fine.

(1.)What could be a question to the response?  “Did the copy machine break down”or “Did you have a problem with the copy machine”? either one

W: A taxi is very fast.

(2.) In the conversation, may I say “Is there a quick way to get to the airport”? yes

5.
W: I feel very relieved.

(1.) In the conversation, does it mean the same if I say, “What a relief!”? yes

W: Yes, You can get your money back.

(2.)In the conversation, may I just say “if I drop out here” or “if I quit here”?  yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker