English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.The man is probably standing at an ATM machine. He is probably entering his password.

(1.) In the first sentence, should I leave out “machine”?

(2.) In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “his password” with “his PIN number”?

2. He is probably taking money out of the machine. There are thousands of ATMs around here, but you can hardly find one when you really need money.

(1.) In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “…is making a withdrawal from the machine” or “…is withdrawing money from the machine”?

(2.) In the second, what can be taken in place of “can hardly find”?  “Can barely find” or “almost can’t ”?

3.When I go to the ATM, I take out all the money I will need for the entire month. This way, I can waste less money and save more.

(1.)In the first sentence, does it mean the same if leave out “the money”? (I take out all I will need …)

(2.)Is it redundant to say “waste less money and save more”? Should I say either of them? “Waste less money” or “Save more money”?

4. The man is updating his passbook by putting it into the machine. The passbook reader is a great way to keep track of your banking transactions.

(1.) In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “The man is updating his passbook by inserting/slipping it into the machine” or “The man is using the machine to update his passbook”?

(2.) In the second, what can be taken in place of “keep track of”? “Track” or what else?

5.Banks charge customers a service fee for using an ATM
You need to check the current exchange rate before you convert money.

(1.) In the first sentence, may I say also, “Customers pay a service charge for using an ATM”?

(2.) In the second, does it mean the same if I say “You need to look at/up the current exchange rate before you buy foreign currency”?

Answer

(1.) In the first sentence, should I leave out “machine”? Yes, the M in ATM stands for machine

(2.) In the second, does it mean the same if I replace “his password” with “his PIN number”? ATM machines require PIN's not passwords. And PIN number is redundant too as N stands for number.

(1.) In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say “…is making a withdrawal from the machine” or “…is withdrawing money from the machine”? yes. Using "withdrawal" makes your sentence sound more natural.

(2.) In the second, what can be taken in place of “can hardly find”?  “Can barely find” or “almost can’t ”? either

(1.)In the first sentence, does it mean the same if leave out “the money”? (I take out all I will need …) yes

(2.)Is it redundant to say “waste less money and save more”? Should I say either of them? “Waste less money” or “Save more money”? I'd use one of the two, not both

(1.) In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I say, “The man is updating his passbook by inserting/slipping it into the machine” or “The man is using the machine to update his passbook”? yes

(2.) In the second, what can be taken in place of “keep track of”? “Track” or what else? monitor

(1.) In the first sentence, may I say also, “Customers pay a service charge for using an ATM”? yes

(2.) In the second, does it mean the same if I say “You need to look at/up the current exchange rate before you buy foreign currency”? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker