English as a Second Language/Meaning of sentence

Question
Hello,
Could you explain the meaning of the following sentences in simplest language please. I wanted to translate into my language.
Thanks

Policy stakeholders can own or disown a public problem through the way they define it.Owning a problem can be an advantage to groups and organizations it may allow for increased credibility, funding and legitimacy.

Answer
Hi Dogi,

let me give this a try

People with an interest in a particular policy can acknowledge or refuse to acknowledge a public problem through the way they define it. Acknowledging a problem can be an advantage to groups and organizations - it can help them get more money, be more credible and look more legitimate.

I hope this helps.

Best,

~Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker