English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1. Car racing is an extremely dangerous sport. On the one hand, this sport is dangerous by nature since its primary objective is the attainment of high speeds. The competitors, on the other hand, seem to relish such danger.

(1.)   In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “dangerous” with “hazardous”?

(2.)   In the context, what is another way to say “On the one hand…..on the other hand”?

(3.)   In the second sentence, what is another way to say “this sport is dangerous by nature”? “This sport itself is dangerous” or “This sport is inherently dangerous”?

(4.)    In the second, what is another way to say “its primary objective”? “its main goal/purpose”?

(5.)    In the second, what is another way to say “the attainment of high speeds”? “The pursuit of high speeds”?

(6.)    In the third sentence, what can be taken in place of “competitors” and “relish”? “Car race drivers”, “car racers” and “enjoy”?

Answer

(1.)    In the first sentence, does it mean the same if I replace “dangerous” with “hazardous”? yes

(2.)    In the context, what is another way to say “On the one hand…..on the other hand”? None, but you can leave "one one hand.... on the other hand" out

(3.)    In the second sentence, what is another way to say “this sport is dangerous by nature”? “This sport itself is dangerous” or “This sport is inherently dangerous”? either one

(4.)    In the second, what is another way to say “its primary objective”? “its main goal/purpose”? you can use either one

(5.)    In the second, what is another way to say “the attainment of high speeds”? “The pursuit of high speeds”? yes

(6.)    In the third sentence, what can be taken in place of “competitors” and “relish”? “Car race drivers”, “car racers” and “enjoy”? "race drivers" and "enjoy" or "look forward to"  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker