English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.For over 96 years we’ve been protecting people from rainy days and now we’re serving today’s generation with personal banking products like our Equity Credit Line. It let’s you use the roof over your head to gain a personal line of credit. We offer products and services that will meet all your banking needs.

(1.) In the first sentence, what does “rainy days” imply? “Financial hardships/ difficulties”?

(2.) In the second, what can be taken in place of “serving”? “Helping”or “providing”?

(3.) What does the third sentence imply? “To let you borrow money against their property/house”?

2.I’ll take my umbrella with me just in case of rain.

(1.)   In the sentence, may I leave out “of rain” or may I say also, “…just in case in rains”?

If one’s body works too hard, one will exhaust one’s energy too fast.

(2.) What can be taken in place of “exhaust”? “Run out of” or “use up”?

3.One show leave thirty-two people in a location where hey have to live off the land.

(1.) What is another way to say “live off the land”?

Even though reality TV earns big bucks, it turns off some viewers.

(2.) What can be taken in place of “big bucks” and “turns off”? “Big money” and “disgusts”?

4. Reality TV has also turned to sex to gain viewers. One program invites six couples to a beach hotel to test their loyalty to each other.

(1.) What can be taken in place of “has turned to” and “loyalty”? “Has started to focus on”and “faith”?

All classes must come to the first floor. Students should get into caps and gowns.

(2.) What can be taken in place of “get into”? “Change into”, “put on”?

5.If you can’t hear me clearly sometimes, please bear with me because I have a sore throat.

(1.)What can be taken in place of “bear with me”? “Be patient”or “excuse/forgive me”?

The students have worked long and hard this year, and their parents will be happy to see them move on to bigger and better challenges.

(2.) Does it mean the same if I replace “move on to” with “go on to” or “continue onto”?

Answer
1.For over 96 years we’ve been protecting people from rainy days and now we’re serving today’s generation with personal banking products like our Equity Credit Line. It lets you use the roof over your head to gain a personal line of credit. We offer products and services that will meet all your banking needs.

(1.) In the first sentence, what does “rainy days” imply? “Financial hardships/ difficulties”? yes

(2.) In the second, what can be taken in place of “serving”? “Helping”or “providing”? providing

(3.) What does the third sentence imply? “To let you borrow money against their property/house”? Yes, but that's the 2nd sentence, right? Also, that same sentence should read "it lets..."

(1.)   In the sentence, may I leave out “of rain” or may I say also, “…just in case in rains”? Yes on both accounts

(2.) What can be taken in place of “exhaust”? “Run out of” or “use up”? Either.

(1.) What is another way to say “live off the land”? Not sure you can find a synonym for that expression which means to live on whatever food you can obtain by hunting, gathering, or farming. Also I suspect some spelling issues with the sentence above, as it sounds off to me.

(2.) What can be taken in place of “big bucks” and “turns off”? “Big money” and “disgusts”? Yes to "big money" and "displease", if you must, for "turn off". Disgust is too strong for this context.

(1.) What can be taken in place of “has turned to” and “loyalty”? “Has started to focus on”and “faith”? More like "has started to use" and yeah, faith or fidelity

(2.) What can be taken in place of “get into”? “Change into”, “put on”? Put on.

(1.)What can be taken in place of “bear with me”? “Be patient”or “excuse/forgive me”? either

(2.) Does it mean the same if I replace “move on to” with “go on to” or “continue onto”? I'd say advance  for this context, your options are OK as well.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker