English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
I have several questions about the letter below.

Dear Jack and Amy,

It has been almost a year since the last time I went out with you two. How are you both? I hope that you are fine. Our last high school summer vacation is ten days away and my parents will be going abroad for about a week then.

(1.)   In the first sentence, what is the difference if I say “…since the last time I went on vacation/a trip with you two”?

(2.)   I the third sentence, may I say also, “I hope that you are well” or “I hope that everything is fine with you”?

(3.)   In the last sentence, may I say also, “Our last high school summer vacation is coming (will be here) in ten days and my parents will be away from the country for about a week then”?

As you know, there are many exciting activities in Hualien during the summer.So, would you be interested in visiting this beautiful city for two or three days? We can stay at home or drive anywhere we want, or even spend the day at the beach.

(4.)In the first sentence, may I say also, “As you know, many exciting activities will be going on during the summer” or “As you know, Hualien has many fun activities to offer during the summer”?

(5.)In the second sentence,  what is another way to say “would be interested in visiting…”? “would you like to visit…”or “do you feel like visiting…”?

(6.)In the last sentence, should I say, “We can stay at home, drive anywhere we want or even spend….”?

(7.)What is another way to say “drive anywhere we want”? “go anywhere we like by car”?

(8.)Does “spend the day at the beach” mean “spend the whole day at the beach”? May I just say “spend a day at the beach”?

The city has a lot to offer for tourists this season, so please think about it and let me know if you are coming. I really hope to see you soon.

(9.)In the first sentence, may I say also, “…, so please accept my invitation and let me know as soon as possible”?

Answer
Dear Jack and Amy,

(1.)    In the first sentence, what is the difference if I say “…since the last time I went on vacation/a trip with you two”? Going out usually means a friendly get together at a restaurant, or coffee shop, etc. it doesnt' involve the idea of a vacation or trip

(2.)    I the third sentence, may I say also, “I hope that you are well” or “I hope that everything is fine with you”? Yes

(3.)    In the last sentence, may I say also, “Our last high school summer vacation is coming (will be here) in ten days and my parents will be away from the country for about a week then”? yes, but the original sentence sounds more natural

(4.)In the first sentence, may I say also, “As you know, many exciting activities will be going on during the summer” or “As you know, Hualien has many fun activities to offer during the summer”? They're both correct

(5.)In the second sentence,  what is another way to say “would be interested in visiting…”? “would you like to visit…”or “do you feel like visiting…”? yes or "How about visiting..."

(6.)In the last sentence, should I say, “We can stay at home, drive anywhere we want or even spend….”? yes, the first "or" is redundant

(7.)What is another way to say “drive anywhere we want”? “go anywhere we like by car”? you could say that but it would sound odd to a native speaker.

(8.)Does “spend the day at the beach” mean “spend the whole day at the beach”? yes
May I just say “spend a day at the beach”? yes

(9.)In the first sentence, may I say also, “…, so please accept my invitation and let me know as soon as possible”? yes  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker