English as a Second Language/sentence

Question
1.
Dear Mr. Grey

I am writing this in order to notify you that I have joined the office again from February 12, 2014 after my 15 days business trip to New York. I am writing this regarding my due settlement of the reimbursement claim for the trip to New York.

(1.)In the first sentence, should I change “from” to since”?

(2.)In the first sentence, what is another way to say “I have joined the office again from…after…”? “I have been back in the office since February 12, 2014 after my 15 days business trip…”?

(3.)In the second, what is another way to say “…regarding my due settlement of the reimbursement claim ….”?

(4.)In the second sentence, may I say also, “I’d like to request (for) a reimbursement for the trip to New York.”?

2.
The total expenditure during this trip was $500. It comprises of the Accommodation, Transport, food expenses and my travel allowance.

(5.)What can be taken in place of “the total expenditure”? “the total Cost” or “the total expense”?

I have filled the reimbursement form and attached the required documents regarding the reimbursement for your perusal. It included all the bills and receipts of the travel expenses that I made during this trip. You are requested to accept my claim and issue the check without delay. Your positive and earliest action is anticipated. Thank you for your consideration.

(6.)In the first sentence, what can be taken in place of “filled” and “perusal”?
“Filled in/out” and “reference or review”?

(7.)In the second sentence, may I say also, “It included all the bills and receipts that I collected and kept during this trip”?

(8. )  In the next sentence, should I say “please accept my claim and issue the check without delay”to show politeness?

3.
Dear Mr. Pitt
I am writing this letter to inform you that I have joined back the office after my official tour to Dallas, Texas. This letter is in reference to the reimbursement amount that is due for me, to settle down the travel expenses that I made during this trip.

(9.) In the second sentence, what can be taken in place of “is in reference to”and “is due for me”?

“This letter indicates the reimbursement amount that I expect to pay”?

(10.) What can be taken in place of “to settle down”?

I was on official trip to Dallas for four days. The total expenditure during this trip was $5800 which comprises of the hotel bill, taxi fare, food expenses and my travel allowance. I have attached the necessary documents including all the bills, and completed the reimbursement form and the official letter for the trip for your perusal.

(11.) In the last sentence, may I leave out “for the trip”?

Kindly, clear this amount and add this to my salary this month so that it does not get delayed till next month. Hoping for positive action from your side.

(12.) What is another way to say “clear this amount”?
(13.) In the last sentence, may I say also, “ I hope for positive action…”?

Answer
1.
Dear Mr. Grey

(1.)In the first sentence, should I change “from” to since”? I'd say "on"

I have rejoined the office on Feb 12, 2014 after...

(3.)In the second, what is another way to say “…regarding my due settlement of the reimbursement claim ….”? none - these are typical terms used in these situations

(4.)In the second sentence, may I say also, “I’d like to request a reimbursement for the trip to New York.”? you could

2.

(5.)What can be taken in place of “the total expenditure”? “the total Cost” or “the total expense”? yes - no capital letters are needed here (accomodation, transportation, cost)

“Filled in/out” and “reference or review”?  I'd stick to the original but completed is an OK synonym for filled

(7.)In the second sentence, may I say also, “It included all the bills and receipts that I collected and kept during this trip”? you can but the original sounds much better.

(8. )  In the next sentence, should I say “please accept my claim and issue the check without delay”to show politeness? Yes, the text above is abrupt and demanding and might come across as rude.

3.
Dear Mr. Pitt

I'd say "I rejoined the office"

(9.) In the second sentence, what can be taken in place of “is in reference to” and “is due for me”? about and I am entitled to

“This letter indicates the reimbursement amount that I expect to pay”? this has a different meaning than the above

(10.) What can be taken in place of “to settle down”? .......nothing comes to mind right now

I was on AN official trip to Dallas for four days. The total expenditure during this trip was $5800 which comprises of the hotel bill, taxi fare, food expenses and my travel allowance. I have attached the necessary documents including all the bills, and completed the reimbursement form and the official letter for the trip for your perusal.

(11.) In the last sentence, may I leave out “for the trip”? yes

(12.) What is another way to say “clear this amount”? pay this amount
(13.) In the last sentence, may I say also, “ I hope for positive action…”? yes but the original sounds more natural  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker