English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
1.   
W: David, you amazed me when you turned down that job.
M: Come on, my wonderful sister. Money cannot compare to familial love.

Does David imply that he doesn’t want to leave his family for a good job offer”?

2.
W: Hey Brian. I didn’t see you at the pub last night. That’s weird—anything happen?
  M: Yeah, Something crappy happened. I failed my final so my dad grounded me for a month.
  W: No way! You’re used to partying every night.
  M: And now, the Party King is hitting books every night.
W: That’s good for you, though.

(1.)In the first sentence, should I use the past tense—That’s weird-anything happened?

(2.)I wonder if the conversation still makes sense if the woman says, “No way! You used to party every night.”

3 . M: Billy was beaten up in a pub last night.

W: Did he get hurt?

What can be taken in place of “was beaten up” and “did he get hurt”?   “Was punched” and “was he hurt”?

4.  M: Peter picked up a fight with some drunk guys in a pub last night.
   W: What! Did he beat those drunkards senseless?

(1.) In the conversation, what is another way to say “picked up a fight with…”?

(2.) What is another way to say “beat somebody senseless”? “Beat somebody like a dog” or “Beat somebody like crazy”?

5. M: What’s for dinner tonight?
 W: I want to have something delivered.

In the conversation, make I say, “I want to order in” or “let’s order in”?

6. W: Honey, what’s that unusual sound outside?
 M: it’s just bugs. Let me go out and have a look.

In the conversation, may I say, “They’re just bugs” and “Let me go out and look (see).”?

7. M: Promise me you’ll bring my scooter back before five o’clock.
 W:________________________________.

What could be W’s response?

“I promise. You can count on me.”
“No problem. I’ll ride it back here.”
“I swear I will.”

8.  M: I’d like to change this to a red one.
   W: I’m afraid the red ones are all sold out.

In the conversation, is it possible to respond, “You are not supposed to take the red one.”? If not, why?

9. M: Is John good at ( speaking) English?
  W: ______________________.

In the conversation, may I respond, “No, he sucks at it.” or “No, his English sucks”?

Answer
1.    

Not necessarily. It simply means that he puts his family before money.

2.
W: That’s good for you, though.

(1.)In the first sentence, should I use the past tense—That’s weird-anything happened? That sentence should say "did anything happen?"

(2.)I wonder if the conversation still makes sense if the woman says, “No way! You used to party every night.” yes

W: Did he get hurt?

What can be taken in place of “was beaten up” and “did he get hurt”? assaulted or attacked for beaten up, and yes you can say "was he hurt"  to answer
“Was punched” and “was he hurt”? Was punched isn't the best choice here

(1.) In the conversation, what is another way to say “picked up a fight with…”? got into a fight with

(2.) What is another way to say “beat somebody senseless”? “Beat somebody like a dog” or “Beat somebody like crazy”? none of the above. I'd stick to the original... can't really replace that.

5. M: What’s for dinner tonight?
 W: I want to have something delivered. (this doesn't sound  like a native speaker's answer)

In the conversation, make I say, “I want to order in” or “let’s order in”? yes, that would work.

In the conversation, may I say, “They’re just bugs” and “Let me go out and look (see).”? yes

W:________________________________.

What could be W’s response?

“I promise. You can count on me.”
“No problem. I’ll ride it back here.”
“I swear I will.”

either one

In the conversation, is it possible to respond, “You are not supposed to take the red one.”? If not, why? yes it's possible (it really depends on the context and on the rest of the convo)

W: ______________________.

In the conversation, may I respond, “No, he sucks at it.” or “No, his English sucks”? yes you can if this is an informal conversation. Otherwise, "No, he's not very good at it." is more appropriate.  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker