English as a Second Language/word choice

Question
I have several questions about the paragraphs:

Your request for reimbursement of travel expenses for your June3 to 17 trip to New York is now being processed.

(1.)In the first sentence, may I say also, “Your application for reimbursement of travel expenses for your trip to New York is…” or “Your claim for travel expenses to New York is….”?

2.
In reviewing the form you submitted for reimbursement, we noted that you listed taxi fares for which no receipts were attached. Company procedures require that receipts be submitted for all refunded expenses except meals and tips. Will you please send us the receipts for $33.50 in taxi fares. Then, we can send you a check for $570.45, the full amount of your request.

(2.)In the first sentence, what is the difference if I replace “in” with “when” or “after”?

(3.)In the first sentence, what can be taken in place of “noted”? “Noticed”or what else?

(4.)In the first sentence, may I say also, “,,,we noted that there were no receipts for the taxi-cab fares listed”?

(5) In the second the last sentence, should I say, “…send us the receipts of $33.50 for tax/cab fares”?

We will issue your reimbursement check within three days after receiving the receipts.

3.

Dear Peter,

I just finished processing your reimbursement request and have to regretfully inform you that your request for reimbursement has been denied. I made this decision because of the following reasons.

(6.) What can be taken in place of “denied”? “Rejected” or “declined”?

First, you failed to follow the required procedure and to seek prior approval before your business trip. Many of the expenses you claimed are not paid for under the company’s policy for reimbursement.   You need to confirm what expenses will be reimbursed before you leave for your trip.

(7.) In the first sentence, may I say, “… to follow the required procedure and too get approval in advance”?

(8.)In the second, what can be taken in place of “claimed”?

(9.) In the next sentence, what can be taken in place of “confirmed”? “Check” or “make sure”?

Second, some of the expenses you made during the trip were not related to your job. For example,  I noticed that two of your receipts were museum passes. Your visits to the museums should be considered a private tour and, therefore, does not qualify for reimbursement under the company policy. I know you just joined the company and may not be familiar with the procedure and the rules, but I will appreciate your understanding of my decision.

(10.) In the first sentence, can I replace “made” with “incurred”? Does it mean the same?

(11.) In the third sentence, what can be taken in place of “private tour” and “qualify for”?

(12.) In the last sentence, may I say also, “…I will appreciate that you understand my decision"?

Answer

Yes to claim, no to application. In all honesty I'd stick to request.

2.

(2.)In the first sentence, what is the difference if I replace “in” with “when” or “after”? yes

(3.)In the first sentence, what can be taken in place of “noted”? “Noticed”or what else? nothing else

(4.)In the first sentence, may I say also, “,,,we noted that there were no receipts for the taxi-cab fares listed”? yes

(5) In the second the last sentence, should I say, “…send us the receipts of $33.50 for tax/cab fares”? you can say that but the original is OK

3.

Dear Peter,

(6.) What can be taken in place of “denied”? “Rejected” or “declined”? either, but denied is the best word here

(7.) In the first sentence, may I say, “… to follow the required procedure and to get approval in advance”? yes

(8.)In the second, what can be taken in place of “claimed”? nothing in this case

(9.) In the next sentence, what can be taken in place of “confirmed”? “Check” or “make sure”? make sure

(10.) In the first sentence, can I replace “made” with “incurred”? Does it mean the same? yes

(11.) In the third sentence, what can be taken in place of “private tour” - nothing
and “qualify for”?  entitle you to a reimbursement

(12.) In the last sentence, may I say also, “…I will appreciate that you understand my decision"? yes but the original sounds better  

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker