English as a Second Language/Accurate grammar writers

Hello Amy,
this time I have a different type of question to ask.

I was wondering who are the best grammar writers/authors that write clearly and, especially, avoid using indefinite pronouns, such as the infamous "it" of Philip Mauro. :)

I want to become acquainted with good writing styles, not by studying a standalone grammar book, but by actually reading novels.

Can you recommend a few accurate grammar authors from the 20th and 21st centuries?

Hi Nathan,

tough question to answer as all the books I've been reading are grammatically accurate.

It depends on what kind of literature you enjoy reading.

You can try looking up "2016 bestselling authors" or something along those lines and you'll get a ton of hits.

I hope this helps.

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker

I can answer question about grammar, spelling, syntax, idioms, reading and/or writing that pertain to English as a Second Language. I am knowledgeable about both TOEFL and IELTS.

I'm a certified ESL teacher with 12 years of experience teaching K-12 and adults.

BSc MEd TESL post grad program for k-12 TESL post grad program for adult ed