English as a Second Language/Books on anaphoric demonstrative pronouns

I want to purchase a grammar book that is somewhat exhaustive concerning the topic of demonstrative pronouns.

Most references I looked at don't even mention the gramar rules for anaphoric and cataphoric properties of demonstrative pronouns (plural and singular).

As you know, most of my difficulties in interpreting Philip Mauro's book is his use of anaphoric demonstrative pronouns (singular and plural) and his use of the indefinite article "it", which also frequently refers back to a noun(s) in the previous sentence.

Could you suggest grammar books that address the rules of anaphoric references, and that provides examples?

Sorry Henrique but I don't know of any ESL book that covers demonstrative pronouns in as much details as you wish.

I'd venture to say that those kind of topics may be covered by university level books meant for those who major in English grammar, or linguistics. In all honesty that's the kind of topic that is probably reserved for linguistics journal articles, masters' theses or doctoral dissertations.

Unfortunately I can't help you here.

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker

I can answer question about grammar, spelling, syntax, idioms, reading and/or writing that pertain to English as a Second Language. I am knowledgeable about both TOEFL and IELTS.

I'm a certified ESL teacher with 12 years of experience teaching K-12 and adults.

BSc MEd TESL post grad program for k-12 TESL post grad program for adult ed