English as a Second Language/A question or an affirmation?

Question
Hello Amy,
is the last sentence of the last paragraph supposed to be a question, or is the author ascribing a different meaning to "; which testimonies"?

Thanks.

*BEGIN*
WHAT THE NEW TESTAMENT SAYS CONCERNING THE LAW

But it will be asked whether God's servants under the New Covenant, the apostles of our Lord who have been taught by Grace, do not give a different character to the Law, from that ascribed to it by Old Testament writers. We have quoted the words of Christ that He came not to destroy the law and the prophets, but to fulfil them; and also Paul's word to the same effect, that the purpose of the Gospel is to "establish the Law." Further our Lord declared that "the weightier matters of the law," which the Pharisees had omitted, are "judgment, mercy, and faith" (Matt. 23:23).

The apostle Paul also, whose words are cited as authority for the teaching we are now examining, speaks clearly and forcefully to the same effect. He says that "the righteousness of God," which is now manifested apart from the law (i.e. by the gospel) was "witnessed by the law and the prophets" (Rom. 3:21). Further he declares that "the commandment" was "ordained TO LIFE"; that "the law is holy, and the commandment is holy and just and good"; and that "the law is spiritual" (Rom. 7:10, 12, 14); which testimonies carry the more weight because they are found in that very passage which is supposed to teach things derogatory to the law.
*END*

Answer
Hi Henrique,

"which testimonies carry the more weight because they are found in that very passage which is supposed to teach things derogatory to the law."

it's an affirmative sentence

It could be rewritten as:  "testimonies which carry the more weight because they are found in that very passage which is supposed to teach things derogatory to the law."

I hope this helps.

~Amy

English as a Second Language

Amy Baker