Entomology (Study of Bugs)/what is this beetle bug?

Stasi wrote at 2011-07-25 02:26:01
I am so glad to found this! My house in Lakewood Colorado is infested with these beetles as well. We come across 2-4 a day! The kids love taking them outside, but now I am tired of seeing them so often! I still do not know how to remove them for good.. any suggestions as to a certain shrub they live on that we could remove so we no longer have to see these things crawling in our house? Thanks!

jenna wrote at 2012-06-26 21:22:05
I have something that looks exactly like that and does the same thing and I live in California?? wow. I had no idea what it was until I googled and this looks exactly like the thing in my house... weird. Thanks for the input.  

mom2anna wrote at 2013-09-13 02:16:06
I am on Long Island, and I have them in my home now as well.  Started last winter with 1, and now I have quite a few.  Thanks for helping me identify them!

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton