Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Wasps

TanaB wrote at 2009-08-26 19:22:55
My friend and I saw something very similar to this today in downtown Calgary and figure it to be a Urocerus Gigas or Wood Wasp.

mick wrote at 2010-06-30 14:13:12
i have just discovered a wasp identical to your picture. its definately no moth ! i am in the UK , so these things sure get around  !!!!

Anthonydamore wrote at 2010-08-17 04:21:20
I saw one of these today as well, didn't get a pic. I'm from Edmonton and it was in my back yard. Never seen one before either. So we can assume they're common enough to range from Edmonton to Calgary at least lol.

Katie wrote at 2016-08-20 00:19:43
I have seen those to in dutch creek when we were camping and there was so many! and they would chase us around (me most often) and the way we killed them was spraying them with bug spray and that would make them drop to the ground then we would squish them I had also noticed that they have two stingers and I am pretty sure these are wood wasps.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Sue Kayton