Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny black/brown bugs 1/8 of an inch long

crgggggg wrote at 2011-06-09 06:30:23
i googled the description of the same bug and came across your question. i saw one crawling acrods my pillow. i squashed it and thouhgt nothing of it, except that i liked how small and slow it was. then a few moments later i found another. i am.on number three now and am unable to go to sleep until the problem is solved. these bugs look and act just as yours. i would love a better answer and solution.

lucy wrote at 2011-08-23 00:44:06
I have this same exact big in my house. They're in the kitchen, all over the counters and climbing up the wall behind the cabinet. I find saw dust on the counters after cleaning them. I think these bugs are chewing away at my cabinets.

Connie wrote at 2013-03-19 05:35:36
I also found a bug similar  if not like this one but it bit me on my back ! I pulled off my shirt and this tiny thing was on my shirt ! Not sure if I can post a picture on here or not ! I would also like to know what it is ! Ty Connie  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad

Will accept most questions in general entomology, including those related to medical entomology, taxonomy, ecology, arthropod surveillance, and pest management. If you are requesting a 'mystery bug' identification, PLEASE either attach an image to your question, or post an image on a web page (such as Flickr) so that I can look at it, as verbal descriptions frequently are insufficient for a definitive identification.

21 years in the U.S. Army as a medical entomologist; duties varied from surveillance of pest populations (including mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks, and stored products pests) to conducting research on mosquito-virus ecological relationships and mosquito faunal studies. Ten years as a civilian analyst for the Department of Defense, primarily on distribution of vector-borne diseases worldwide. Limited experience on surveillance of agricultural insects in North Dakota and Indiana.

Entomological Society of America, West Virginia Entomological Society, Society for Vector Ecology, National Speleological Society, West Virginia Association for Cave Studies.

American Journal of Public Health, Contributions of the American Entomological Institute, Japanese Journal of Sanitary Zoology, Journal of Economic Entomology, Mosquito News, and Mosquito Systematics.

B.S. in entomology from North Dakota State University in 1963, M.S. in entomology from Purdue University in 1967.