Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny black/brown bugs 1/8 of an inch long

crgggggg wrote at 2011-06-09 06:30:23
i googled the description of the same bug and came across your question. i saw one crawling acrods my pillow. i squashed it and thouhgt nothing of it, except that i liked how small and slow it was. then a few moments later i found another. i am.on number three now and am unable to go to sleep until the problem is solved. these bugs look and act just as yours. i would love a better answer and solution.

lucy wrote at 2011-08-23 00:44:06
I have this same exact big in my house. They're in the kitchen, all over the counters and climbing up the wall behind the cabinet. I find saw dust on the counters after cleaning them. I think these bugs are chewing away at my cabinets.

Connie wrote at 2013-03-19 05:35:36
I also found a bug similar  if not like this one but it bit me on my back ! I pulled off my shirt and this tiny thing was on my shirt ! Not sure if I can post a picture on here or not ! I would also like to know what it is ! Ty Connie  

Karolyn Brinton wrote at 2016-11-09 12:18:42
That is a perfect picture which looks like the insect that I saw slowly crawling on my arm. The description is very accurate. I have only see the one  while almost asleep last night and came here for help with identifying the little critter! It did not bite, that I can tell.. I live in SW Washington State.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad