Entomology (Study of Bugs)/very very small black bug

Bug Off wrote at 2011-05-16 01:45:20
Looks more like a carpet beetle to me. They feed on pet fur among other things, so finding them where your dog sleeps is not unusual. Drugstore beetles are also brown and your bug looks like it's black, which is another reason I believe it's a carpet beetle.  

Anthony wrote at 2013-07-28 15:28:03
I happen to have seen a similar bug in my apartment from time to time, in Brooklyn NY, and wasn't sure what it was. The above picture you posted is exactly what the bug looks like.

I feel so relieved to know it's a beetle and not a bedbug.  

Saugy wrote at 2013-11-02 22:50:33
Sorry, Bug Off, but you are wrong. I am 100 percent certain that this beetle is in the family Anobiidae and most definitely is NOT a carpet beetle. BTW, color in itself is not a reliable identifier...