Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Very thin red worm on wet bathroom floor

worried in the Philippines wrote at 2012-11-23 04:02:11
Hi i lived in the Philippines i been finding them the last few days it rain hard this past few days now i been seeing these little red worms to i thought the same as this persone did when i seen the frist one now i found 1 in my toilet what are they why are they showing up now its first time I've seen them here in the Philippines i lived here before five years never seen them in tell now i killed one thru it garbage now i seen the one in the toilet  i am worried that some how it mite get in side of me or my wife or son or some ells in the house i will take picture if i see another one thanks if you have more info on this little worm I am worried in the Philippines? Thanks  

EVANU wrote at 2013-03-23 01:23:26
I too saw similar red coloured worms in our bathroom. SOME 3 OF THEM ABOUT AN INCH TO 2 INCHES IN LENGTH AND ABOUT 1 MM THICK. our tenant just left two days back and its the first time I was using the bathroom to just clean my feet. I have taken photos & video of these worms. I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION. MAY NOT BE RELATED SO THE PERSON WHO POST THE FIRST QUESTION ON WORM NEED NOT GET SCARED BY THIS QUESTION: MY MOM IS HAVING BONE MARROW CANCER CALLED MULTIPLE MYELOMA FROM 7 YEARS NOW ( THANKS TO THE TREATMENT GIVEN BY MY SISTER AND HER SURGEON HUSBAND AND NUTRIENTS - DIETARY SUPPLEMNTS WE HAVE BEEN GIVING MY MOM, SHE HAS SURVIVED ALL THIS LONG AS INITIAL PROGNOSIS WAS 12 TO 15 MONTHS FOR HER AFTER DIAGNOSIS) -NOW I HAVE A HUNCH. DURING MY CHILDHOOD DAYS I USED TO SEE SOME VERY SMALL RED WORMS ALMOST JUST 2 TO 3 MM LONG AND RED IN COLOUR AND 0.5 MM THIN IN THE COMMODE WATER AT TIMES JUST WHEN I USED TO ENTER THE TOILET...I USED TO GET SCARED AS TO WHO IN FAMILY MAY BE EXCRETING THEM EITHER THROUGH FAECES OR URINE!!! NOW SOME HOW I HAVE THIS HUNCH THAT MY MOM'S MULTIPLE MYELOMA MAY HAVE BEEN DUE TO THESE WORMS AS TWICE I SAW THESE WORMS JUST AFTER MY MOM HAD GONE THE LAST IN THE TOILET....IN FACT I HAD ASKED ONCE AT HOME WHEN I WS IN SCHOOL ABOUT THESE WORMS AND LIKE WE HAVE A TABOO EVERYONE JUST IGNORED IT AND VHMENTLY DENIED IT THAT ANYTHINH OF THAT SORT EXISITS IN OUR TOILET.. I WAS SURPRISED BY THEIR DENIAL, INSTEAD OF ADDRESSING THE ISSUE. DO YOU THING THE MULTIPLE MYELOMA MAY HAVE BEEN DUE TO THESE WORMS RESIDING FOR LONG INSIDE STOMACH OR HAVE ENTERED THE BONE MARROW BY ANY CHANCE ( SORRY BUT I HV THIS CRAZY THOUGHT!!!!! I AM 45 NOW AND MY MOM IS 72 OR SO.  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad