Entomology (Study of Bugs)/white fuzzy hoppers

Myra wrote at 2009-07-05 17:53:33
I have the same bugs and they are not "cottony cushion scale", not even close.

I don't have a good camera, but I will e-mail you the pictures I have.  The bugs have wings and fly.  They are light bron with a lighter strip from the bottom (where the feet are) to the tip of the "peak", this is on the side of the bug, in the middle.  They are sectionalized.  They stand up and walk on tiny legs.

rabidmushroom wrote at 2014-07-16 02:05:05
I have really good photos of a bug that looks exactly like this. I am pretty sure it is a planthopper. google image search  

R. hunter wrote at 2016-07-22 04:31:15
I have a bug like this in my garden on tiger lilies and Jack-in-the-pulpit. I think it is a leaf hopper nymph.  I've also seen then without the white fuzzy appendages.  Check this out   http://bugguide.net/node/view/537480    Or google images of leafhopper nymphs.  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz

I can answer any questions about insects and spiders.

I have taught science for over 57 years. I am presently teaching biology at the college level. I have done extensive graduate work in entomology.

Momentum Magazine The Ohio Journal of Science

B.S. In Ed Kent State Unuv M.Sc The Ohio State Univ National Science Foundation Fellowships: Electron Microscopy Univ of California Entomology Kent State Univ