Entomology (Study of Bugs)/invading worm like creatures in my basement

MelissaB wrote at 2014-06-25 01:55:47
Hi Saugy & Jo-

I have these worms in my home too, and hear people mentioning them more and more in this area (Georgia).  I went to view a home for sale today, and saw one there too.  With all due respect, I don't think these are millipedes.  They look quite different from the images I find of millipedes online, and also seem smaller.  Harmless little buggers, but they really seem to be taking over.  When it rains, they are all over the outside of the house- dozens of them, climbing upward.  I kill at least 10 every day inside.  My hunch is that these worms, or larvae, are a relatively new arrival to the US.  I cannot find many images of them online- only images I see are posted by people trying to figure out what they are.  Lots of questions about them, but no answers that seem to fit the description exactly.  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad