Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bugs flying out of hair

Jane doe wrote at 2012-05-31 03:47:21
I recently went to cancune , came home about four to six weeks later started itching tried head lice remedy every week , no help , have noticed something flying out of hair that  resembles a fruit fly ! Have gone to doctor and dermatologist , , they say I'm delusional but as god is my witness I know what I saw , my next course is to shave my head ! Any  ideas  

Sandy wrote at 2012-10-21 20:26:01
I recently went to cancune also , came home head itching did lice treatment did no good , found bumps on scalp , shake hair black things fall out and eventually saw bug with beige wings fly out of my hair , seem to keep it from getting worse by bathing in vinegar and baking sod Al's a scalp shampoo , now I think cat has it also , anybody got any ideAs , also where could I take a same for this bug to be identified ?

Tweety wrote at 2012-12-11 00:28:06
My daughter had the same thing--small dark insects that flew out of her hair. We are

In Alabama, United states

It makes you wonder if there is a new species of lice out there.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad