Entomology (Study of Bugs)/tiny black biting bugs

Elaine wrote at 2013-08-11 01:22:17
these are a variety of ticks I had never seen before this week. We brought a bunch home from the Ozarks in Arkansas, namely the Marshall area, on our 2 dogs. The ticks like white and the whiter dog was really infested. These ticks appear to have no legs and do not bite and stay on ,they feed and drop off. For three days I kept finding new bites and could not figure it out. Thought it was chiggers.. then I checked the beds white sheets and bingo..tiny black dots which crack under the nails..I gently lifted the sheets and shook them over the toilet, then striped the covers from our chairs, more ticks, same solution.. sprayed all surfaces with

new Dawn dish wash detergent, mopped, washed all clothing and dog bedding and the dogs in new dawn, vacumed and am still watching..they got on me, bare legs and on the dogs, white feet but not on the hubby...boots and jeans..lay white sheets or towels on the floors furniture and dog beds...they show up and let you know how well the fight goes.. IS this an invasion of created ticks..designer ? Probibly.. The itch is a real stinker.Tea tree oil helps

k

o

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Nathan Riggs