Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Black Pepper and Unidentified Mites

KJ wrote at 2016-05-03 21:30:07
There are ALL kinds of people reporting tiny black pepper-like critters not only invading homes, but also biting people in the night. They are too small to be beg bugs or fleas, and are VERY difficult to get rid of.  

Maybe they are not bird mites....but why do so many scientists dismiss people as ignorant like that? PLUS, species that reproduce at such high rates can and will adapt to survive.... We are looking for help!  

Leslie wrote at 2016-05-30 18:27:14
Hello KJ, I also suffer as you do and so do many more of us.  We are all looking for an answer.  The forum on Pestkill has some good suggestions.  A woman who is logged in as Karen or sometimes just K may have come across a way to get rid of this nightmare for good.  After nearly two years I am SO READY!!  She purchased some powder of Trichlosan from a seller on E-Bay called Pestilence411.  She said she contacted them for the means to use the powder.  It requires a fogger that is rated for indoor use. I encourage you to look into this for yourself.  Myself and my horse have been dealing with this for almost two years. You are not crazy and you will be okay.  Don't give up and keep your wits about you.  Good luck

Trichlosan or Trichlocardan are common ingredients in anti-mircrobial soaps and also in tooth paste. It is also an anti-fungal and is an ingredient in some pesticides.  

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad

Will accept most questions in general entomology, including those related to medical entomology, taxonomy, ecology, arthropod surveillance, and pest management. If you are requesting a 'mystery bug' identification, PLEASE either attach an image to your question, or post an image on a web page (such as Flickr) so that I can look at it, as verbal descriptions frequently are insufficient for a definitive identification.

21 years in the U.S. Army as a medical entomologist; duties varied from surveillance of pest populations (including mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks, and stored products pests) to conducting research on mosquito-virus ecological relationships and mosquito faunal studies. Ten years as a civilian analyst for the Department of Defense, primarily on distribution of vector-borne diseases worldwide. Limited experience on surveillance of agricultural insects in North Dakota and Indiana.

Entomological Society of America, West Virginia Entomological Society, Society for Vector Ecology, National Speleological Society, West Virginia Association for Cave Studies.

American Journal of Public Health, Contributions of the American Entomological Institute, Japanese Journal of Sanitary Zoology, Journal of Economic Entomology, Mosquito News, and Mosquito Systematics.

B.S. in entomology from North Dakota State University in 1963, M.S. in entomology from Purdue University in 1967.