Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Tiny brownish-red bugs in bathroom

frakeer wrote at 2012-11-15 02:04:26
I too have these bugs upstairs in our bedroom and in the bathroom. when I have a bath their little carapaces remain after the water has drained from the tub. I am quite itchy for about two weeks every three months but have never found these on my person. The sawtooth bug mentioned in the answer above has three sections to its body. The ones at my place (like the one pictured here) has two. the only difference between mine and the one above is there seems to be a bit more space between the head and body but that could be because they have been stuck in masking tape for a week. two back panels are smooth, shiny brown. Legs and antennae look exactly the same as the picture above. I have only a few times seen them in our bedroom and never downstairs near our kitchen. Any other guesses as to what these might be. My wife and I are both itchy often but our daughter has an insane, full body rash that doctors are passing off as eczema. this rash and asthma both started a few months after we moved in.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz