Entomology (Study of Bugs)/tiny, round shiny bug in my carpets & pet beds

J Edwards wrote at 2012-10-08 16:05:34
About 15 years ago, we moved from our old mobile home to a new place.  My son recently began restoring the old home and while I was looking through bags of stored clothing, I found the same shiny, black, perfectly round bugs as described by the previous post.  I wasn't sure at first if it was a bug or some kind of strange animal feces.  They didn't move and I didn't see any legs.  They put me in mind of a bead of some sort.  I'm just glad I'm not the only one who had them, even though we still don't know what they are.   Thanks

Terry risk wrote at 2013-09-03 03:52:11
Hi I have the solution to your problem I washed my dogs bed it is the same one you have. I then put it in the dryer to dry on high heat thinking the bugs would die . I did this a few times. I like your self was frantic trying to find the type of bug that it was looking yet it finding any thing . I was cleaning the bed once again after it was dry . I also cleaned my dryer inside of what I thought to be remains of bugs. I glaced over at my dog bed ,and I noticed the bottom of it had ... The mysterious dots that I thought were bugs. Well I felt a bit silly when I discovered this . All the best to you now you can relax .

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton