Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unable to identify insect

Hey man,
     My name is Rohan & I'm from Mumbai,India.I am an amateur photographer.During trek to one of the forts situated near Mumbai,I clicked this picture of two bugs mating.But inspite of trying alot I'm not able to identify it.Hope you'll help me.
LOCATION DETAILS-Mahuli fort(70 kms from city of Mumbai)
Situated in Sahyadri ranges of Western ghats(recently added to heritage list by UNESCO).I took this picture on 29th October.
Thanking you.

Dear Rohan - These are a mating pair of crane flies (Diptera: Tipulidae), see for another example. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with the insect fauna of tour area to provide a more specific identification.
Hope this helps,

p.s. - After further review, I believe that these are in the subfamily Ctenophorinae; possibly even in the genus Ctenophora.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad

Will accept most questions in general entomology, including those related to medical entomology, taxonomy, ecology, arthropod surveillance, and pest management. If you are requesting a 'mystery bug' identification, PLEASE either attach an image to your question, or post an image on a web page (such as Flickr) so that I can look at it, as verbal descriptions frequently are insufficient for a definitive identification.

21 years in the U.S. Army as a medical entomologist; duties varied from surveillance of pest populations (including mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks, and stored products pests) to conducting research on mosquito-virus ecological relationships and mosquito faunal studies. Ten years as a civilian analyst for the Department of Defense, primarily on distribution of vector-borne diseases worldwide. Limited experience on surveillance of agricultural insects in North Dakota and Indiana.

Entomological Society of America, West Virginia Entomological Society, Society for Vector Ecology, National Speleological Society, West Virginia Association for Cave Studies.

American Journal of Public Health, Contributions of the American Entomological Institute, Japanese Journal of Sanitary Zoology, Journal of Economic Entomology, Mosquito News, and Mosquito Systematics.

B.S. in entomology from North Dakota State University in 1963, M.S. in entomology from Purdue University in 1967.