Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Unable to identify insect

Question
Hooked
Hooked  
Hey man,
     My name is Rohan & I'm from Mumbai,India.I am an amateur photographer.During trek to one of the forts situated near Mumbai,I clicked this picture of two bugs mating.But inspite of trying alot I'm not able to identify it.Hope you'll help me.
LOCATION DETAILS-Mahuli fort(70 kms from city of Mumbai)
Situated in Sahyadri ranges of Western ghats(recently added to heritage list by UNESCO).I took this picture on 29th October.
Thanking you.

Answer
Dear Rohan - These are a mating pair of crane flies (Diptera: Tipulidae), see http://tinyurl.com/d22qwbn for another example. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with the insect fauna of tour area to provide a more specific identification.
Hope this helps,
Saugy

p.s. - After further review, I believe that these are in the subfamily Ctenophorinae; possibly even in the genus Ctenophora.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad