Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Beetle mating

Question
Hello. I was my question is,  do powder post and false powder post beetles always need to emerge from the wood they are in to mate or can they mate while still inside the wood?  Thank you for your time

Answer
Alan:

I am generally a polite person, or try to be, but I have told you repeatedly that I am *not* an expert on specific types of structural pests like powderpost beetles.  You will need to consult someone who studies those specifically.  You might try the Coleopterists Society:

http://coleopsoc.org/default.asp

I see they have a tab for "resources" on their home page, so that might be a place to start.

Entomologists are usually specialists in something, and I would have to say that wasps are my specialty, not structural pests.  Thank you for understanding.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton