Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bugs in bed

Question
eggs
eggs  
Hi Ed, My husband found some eggs? in our bed that look like sesame seeds.  They are about 1mm wide and 2mm long. We searched the mattress and box springs and haven't found any bedbug poop or bugs.  We do have three cats.

Answer
Dear Wendy - Unfortunately, I cannot see any detail in your image that would allow me to make a definitive identification. They are about the right size and shape to be pupae of small muscoid flies, but those usually are much darker and have visible annulations - see http://tinyurl.com/cspthpl for an example. At least I can tell you that they have no relation whatsoever with bed bugs.

Hope this helps,
Saugy

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Ed Saugstad