Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Epsom Salt

Question
I recently read that epsom salt can be used to combat roaches.  I am avoiding all harsh chemicals, so this is of significant interest to me.  If I sprinkle epsom salt around baseboards - will they eat it and bring it back to the nest? Or does the epsom salt need to be mixed with sugar?  Or is it simply a repellent?  

I appreciate your feedback and advice on using epsom salt.  (These are typical german-type in NYC apartments).

Thank you!

Answer
Hi Isabel
I have not heard about epsom salts as an insecticide and I doubt it will work. There are two materials that will work however and both are harmless to the environment. One is diatomaceous earth and the other is boric acid powder. You should be able to get both at a garden store

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz