Entomology (Study of Bugs)/smaill brown bug on ceiling and walls in laundrey room

brown bug
brown bug  
I have found several tiny brown bugs that barely move in my laundry room, they are on the ceiling and walls- about a dozen, and look like they are coming from a closed air vent (not the fan)Can you help me determine what they are and how to get rid of them.  I live in Phoenix Arizona and my house is usually in the high 70's and the laundry room is a bit humid but not terrible.
many thanks in advance for your helps.

Kindest regards.

Hello Christina,

That photo is of a carpet beetle larva. These guys eat animal products (wool, leather, hair, etc), which is probably why you are finding them in your laundry room. Try to get rid of them early before they become a problem! Good luck.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jessica Mellinger

I can answer questions about invertebrates native to California, including insects commonly found in homes. If you have an identification request, please attach a photo to your question.

I was involved in collection and identification of invertebrates for the United States Geological Survey, Biological Resources Division for six years. Also, I provided these same services intermittently for the UC Davis John Muir Institute of the Environment for many years. I have been a member of since 2009.

Department of the Interior: United States Geological Survey, Davis Field Station; University of California, Davis Aggie Alumni Association; UC Davis Center for Neuroscience; U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs

I have two B.A.'s from the University of California, Davis and two Associate's degrees from Sacramento City College.

Special Thanks for Achieving Results award from the Department of the Interior