Entomology (Study of Bugs)/bug identification

Question
pest
pest  
Thank you for your time.  I recently discovered some small bugs in our kitchen and would like help figuring out what they are. The bug is approximately 1/8 of an inch long. I can't tell how many legs it has but I will include a photo. We live in Southern California, Riverside county. If you know what type it is, do you know how to get rid of them also?  Much thanks.

Answer
April,

This is a dermestid beetle larva. These beetles are sometimes called carpet beetles and there are several different species. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/carpet_beetle.html for details about one of the carpet beetles found in homes. Post a follow up if you have questions.

Jack DeAngelis

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Jack DeAngelis