Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Bugs on walls

pic of bug/insect
pic of bug/insect  
Hi there.

I've been having these bugs/insects on my walls for the past year or so. Could you please help me to find out what they are.

I'm currently living in Malaysia which is a humid place, the bugs/insects are mostly found on our second floor in the bedrooms and stairwell.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards Fred

Hi, Fred:

Thank you for including the image.  I can clearly tell the insect is a "booklouse."  I am not an expert on those, so here are some reliable links:

The PDF from Ohio State University (third link) looks most comprehensive.  Sounds like you might want a de-humidifier for the room(s) where you see these insects.

Hope this helps!  Good luck, happy holidays.

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.