Entomology (Study of Bugs)/export from US of tarantulas

Question
Hi not sure if you will be able to help with this, but I am wondering if you know what the exact requirements or issues are with exporting tarantulas from the US to Canada. I am specifically looking at Aphonopelma chalcodes. I have been trying to find any info online but can't seem to find anything. If you know anything about this, I would really appreciate it.

Answer
Hi Leigh;
As far as I can tell you cannot export tarantulas from the US to Canada. But I checked online and there are spider dealers in Ontario who may breed desert tarantulas. Why do you have such interest in this Genus. I keep a Rosehair sat this time and had a red leg earlier. Grammastola spiders are readily available and easy to handle

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Walter Hintz