Entomology (Study of Bugs)/fly? i think

Sting.Hi... I found this weird fly thing in my room tonight and I have no clue what it is or if its something to be worried about....  it looks like a normal house fly size wise but it has like 3 stripes on its back end its head is the normal fuzzy black with little wings and stuff but it s butt is black and white striped and it kinda of looks like it.might have a stinger but I'm not sure. It was sitting on my blinds in my room and didn't move even when I got really close to it and was staring at it so I got a picture but it looks kind of fuzzy to me please help me. Someone in my house is allergic to bees so Ireally am quite worried it can

Hi, Abigail:

Thank you for including the image with your question.

The insect is indeed a fly, but it has been killed by a fungus, probably this one:

The fungus affects only the fly, it is not dangerous to people or pets.

Hope this helps!  Happy Holidays :-)

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton

I answer insect and spider identification questions ONLY. Attach images if possible. No "what bit me?", "what do I feed this bug in captivity?", or science fair project questions please. NO TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT INSECT PHYSIOLOGY.

Principal author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America. Professional entomologist employed previously at University of Massachusetts, Chase Studio, Inc., and Cincinnati Zoo; contract work for West Virginia Department of Natural Resources, Smithsonian Institution, and Portland (Oregon) State University.

Author, Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Missouri Conservationist magazine, Ranger Rick, Birds & Blooms, Timeline (journal of the Ohio Historical Society). I have contributed to several books as well.

Oregon State University, undergraduate major in entomology, did not receive degree.

One of the top 50 experts in all categories for AllExperts.com, 2009.

Principal author of the Kaufman Field Guide to Insects of North America, Smithsonian Institution (contract), Cincinnati Zoo (employer), Portland State University (contract), Chase Studio, Inc (employer), Arkansas Museum of Discovery (guest speaker). Currently seeking speaking engagements, leadership roles at nature festivals, workshops, and ecotours.