Entomology (Study of Bugs)/Monarch

Question
Eric, Probably stupid question - but when a Monarch is ready to die - does its wings get tattered & its color fade? Either that, or the darling stepdaughter left the door open & a cat got it enough to shred it without killing it.  I think I'm going to take it outside to 'euthanize' it in the cold. So this is how the story ends,....

Answer
Lisa:

Butterflies get tattered in nature, too.  Probably takes them a little *longer* to get beat up when there aren't four walls and numerous objects to bump into, but it is a natural course of events.  Just don't beat *yourself* up!  You were doing what you thought was the right thing, hoping for a "teachable moment," all that good stuff.  Nothing wrong with what you did.

Eric

Entomology (Study of Bugs)

Eric R. Eaton